Friday, February 26, 2010

The Fletcher Hospital ( U can check in but it might be a while before u check out!)



Everyone in the house has been sick (of course, except Daddy, as he has the immune system of a MACK truck). It all started with a cold which went back and forth between me and my brother and then mommy was finally struck down last week. She had to go down at some point. She says she remembers the exact moment when the viruses and colds entered her body - that is when little Josh decided to cough exactly at the moment when mommy was right in front of him speaking (i.e. with her mouth open)! Mom has become a bit of a germaphobe and she LOVES Purell and she said she considered washing her mouth out with it at that moment, but that would be going a little too far even for her. She finished her antibiotics yesterday and is well now.
Once we thought we were all getting better, it appears that I have yet another cold and cough and I have actually been having something like asthma attacks where I can't stop coughing and wheezing. Last night was the worst where I was coughing so hard that I was shaking and holding my chest. I coughed so hard that I now have broken blood vessels all around my eyes and on my face. Needless to say, we went back to the doctor again. Finally, we now have two kinds of inhalants from the doctor and I am now on my second course of antibiotics (I just finished that last course yesterday - I guess they didn't work). My ear infection is still hanging out as well.
Josh finished his antibiotics from his coughing issue and he had been on eye drops to wipe out an eye infection as well. Unfortunately, he now seems to have a new cold!! To make matters worse, yesterday he tried to "taste" a red ink pad at school and it dyed his chin and cheeks red. The teacher tried to clean it off and the rubbing has now caused his sensitive little skin to break out in a rash.
We are two poor looking little guys. Both hacking and coughing with colds and various signs of red ink and red patches on our faces. Mommy and Daddy took us out to eat at the mall today and mom was muttering something about someone reporting them to child protective services...what was up with that? Ha, ha.
Anyway, we are all hopefully on the mend. Here are a few pics of us from a happier and healthier time in the past (when I was two) and of Josh just recently (at about the same age) so you can see how much we do look alike. I think my hair was lighter and a little longer than Josh's and he looks a bit more like Daddy and I look more like my mom. What do you think? Can you tell which one is which?


No comments: