Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Monkey Fever




I love Curious George! It has become a daily morning ritual to plop on the couch after breakfast and get my 30 minute daily dose of George cartoons. He is a very funny monkey and I get very tickled watching him do crazy things and get into trouble. I especially love one episode where George tries to build a fence to keep some cows from eating away a wildflower patch. Mom and dad have yet to figure out why I find this particular episode so amusing, but it makes me giggle and laugh everytime I see it. I get very excited, laugh, point at George and yell "GEORGE" throughout. I just love that little monkey!

In addition to my 30 minute cartoon fix, I also LOVE my Curious George books. I now have about 5 George books and I like mom and dad and anyone else to read these stories over and over. There is a book about a visit to the fire station, a visit to the ballpark and a visit to the train station, etc. Might I mention that these are not particularly short books either (20 pages or more, but including pictures) so a reading session can take close to 20-30 minutes if I request a reading of ALL my George books (which I often do). Nevertheless, I love reading so it is all good.

Mom and dad are thrilled that I have taken such an interest in books and reading, but I heard Mom mention the other day that it might be time for some additional and DIFFERENT George books to read. The last few times we have read these stories, mom seems to not even have to look at the book. She has such a good memory for an old gal....or perhaps these stories are indelibly printed in her brain matter from so many repeats. No matter, I love each story as if I am hearing it for the first time every time.

Here is a treat for you other George fans out there. This is a picture from last Halloween where I dressed up as a monkey myself and carried around my baby monkey as an accessory for extra cuteness. Perhaps this is where my love of monkeys and my love of George originated.

No comments: