Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy Birthday baby brother Joshua and welcome!



Welcome baby brother Joshua William! Joshua was born on October 30 at 12:40pm. He weighed 7 lbs, 5 oz and was 20 inches long...same length as me, but a whole 4 oz heavier. I have posted a picture of myself at a few days old above as well as one of Joshua at just a few days old above. Can you tell which one is me and which is Joshua? (See the end of this post for the big reveal!) Mom says we look almost identical to each other, so it will be fun to see how Joshua changes and if he continues to look like his extremely handsome big brother.
We are all doing well and mom says that Joshua's entry into the world was very fast and relatively easy. The only scary part was that the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck...TWICE...but the doctor acted quickly and it was pretty much a non-event. On an annoying side note, mom developed some strange pregnancy rash the weekend prior to delivery (apparently only 1% of pregnant women get this particular rash - LUCKY MOM) that proceeded to get worse after delivery and she was pretty much miserable these last two weeks with an awful hive-looking and extremely itchy rash all over her neck, arms, stomach and parts of her legs and feet. She says to tell you that she thought she was going to go bananas from the itching. Honestly, she looked like she had scabies or something, but that has gotten better and continues to look better every day.
So, I am sure your big question is how I am dealing with the new arrival. Well, all in all, I am dealing fairly well. Recently, I have wanted to be picked up more often (mom says to tell you that I have gotten VERY heavy and TALL) so she is getting a good workout lately. I do love baby Joshua and I especially like to pet his little head and touch his little fingers and toes. The other day I also tried to poke him in the eye, but I was just pointing out that he has two eyes just like me. He is a bit lazy, I have noticed, as all he wants to do is eat and sleep, so that definitely needs to change...I hope he will be able to play with me soon as I am starting to get impatient.
Last comment....I guess we need to change the name of this blog to now incorporate my baby brother. Mom doesn't think she can keep up with two blogs so feel free to offer suggestions for Joshua's nick name. Mom has been calling him Snorty McSnorter as he is a snorty little boy, but we have all been known to call him Jelly Bean and J-bear. Any other suggestions?
FYI - The top picture above is of baby Joshua and the bottom picture is of yours truly!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I vote for Jelly Bean as it goes well with a peanut....glad to see the blog back!
Anne

Amy said...

I like Adventures of the Peanut and his Jelly Bean!