Sunday, November 25, 2007

Trick or Treat




Although this post is about a month late, I still feel that I need to tell you about the fun I had on Halloween this year. As you all know, my baby brother Joshua decided to enter the world on October 30, so needless to say, mom and dad didn't really plan out Halloween activities for "moi" as they assumed everyone might still be in the hospital. Basically, I had accepted the fact that I was going to get "cheesed" out of Halloween this year. So, what a surprise it was for me when mom decided to return home on Halloween day....suddenly Daddy was dressing me up as a monkey and we were heading to my friend Carter's house to go trick or treating. Carter's mom was nice enough to even loan me a fabulous trick or treating bag to hold all my candies. Let's just say that this particular bag was NOT as fabulous at the end of the night as it was literally dragged all over creation, but mom plans to remedy this unfortunate situation and provide a replacement to Carter's mom at some point. I must add that this bag was certainly more hip and festive than the Land's end beach tote that Daddy had provided to me at first. Ha, Ha!

Upon arrival at Carter's house, this little monkey saw Elmo (Carter), a lion (Carter's cousin), an itsy bitsy spider (Connor) and a little pumpkin (baby Brooke). See a group picture of all of us above. Aren't we cute?

Daddy says that I didn't really understand what was going on when we first started trick or treating, but after the first house, I caught on quickly and loved knocking on the doors and looking at the decorations and pumpkins at all the houses. One of the houses we visited certainly made an impression on me as I was talking about the "scary" house for days afterward.

After all the excitement was over and we returned home, Daddy let me play with my goodies for a minute or two, but then they disappeared suddenly and I never saw them again. I secretly know that Daddy had his fill of my candy and he thinks I don't know this, but I am a smart little Peanut and I know the truth. In fact, I heard my mom tell Daddy that he just needed to throw it all away and quit eating the candy:)
Many thanks to Daddy and my little friends for making my Halloween so much fun. I am already thinking about what I want to be for next year.

2 comments:

mfletcher1 said...

Glad to see that Matthew is learning to be a good driver. Keep up the good work.

Love,

Ohio Grandpa

mfletcher1 said...

The first post makes no sense in this part of the blog. Sorry.

However, glad to see that Peanut is back posting. Looking forward to reading about all of his adventures with his brother.

Ohio Grandpa