Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baby J update - 9 months




Baby J is on the move now and just visited the doctor for his 9 month checkup earlier this month. He will be 10 months old at the end of this month - my how time flies when you are having fun!! His stats this time were height 29 1/2 inches (90th percentile) and weight 19.02 pounds (30% percentile) which are almost identical to mine at the same age. Good thing as the poor little guy has to wear all of my hand-me-downs, although I noticed that mom has purchased him a few new little outfits which he speedily outgrows as soon as he wears them once.
He is currently cutting FOUR upper teeth all at the same time. Mom says that teething has not been as difficult for him as it was for me - well, you have all heard the story of how I almost literally ate my crib, right?
The little guy is definitely on the move and into everything, but Mommy says I was even more mobile at this age. He takes off with his super speed "army crawl" and heads straight for whatever he is NOT supposed to get into. His favorites places to go are the messy toy cabinet, the kitchen, through the kitchen gate into the foyer and hall, and around the kitchen island. As he does this I like to say loudly and with enthusiasm "Mommy, where is Joshie going? He is into everything! Joshie is going to hurt himself, Mommy!" Mom says I am like a little built in alert system for baby Joshie - hey, I just love the little guy so much and I want him to be safe!
Additionally, mom says it has become impossible to change his diapers or clothe him as he immediately flips onto his back and starts to crawl away. This is especially humorous to me as generally he takes off with no clothes on and his little bare bottom is in the air and moving speedily away from mom. Mom doesn't think it to be so funny, but it really is.

Here are a few recent and adorable pics of the little guy. He is just "a tiny little baby" as I like to say. I am such a great big brother, mom says. I just love the little guy so much!!!

1 comment:

mfletcher1 said...

Like the camo pj's. Have to be careful or Matthew might disappear.

Love,

Ohio Grandpa