Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Halloween's a coming.....




This past weekend, I went to a Harvest Festival with my mom and dad. We met my friend Samantha and her parents and a good time was had by all. There was a little pumpkin patch for me to wander and ramble around in, a baby animal petting zoo, a jumpy house and best of all, a churro stand!
I had such fun in the pumpkins and loved rolling around and trying to pick them up. At one point, I just sat down in the middle of them all and laid back to take a little Peanut rest. I must say it is very tiring trying to pick up pumpkins that weigh almost as much as you do.
The baby animals were a big hit and I petted each and every one of them very gently and said "hi there", just as mom and dad instructed. Mom said she had never seen such exotic looking chickens and asked the lady in charge who told her that they were called "silkies". These chicks had long fur and feathers on their feet and it looked to mom that they were some sort of a mix between chickens and poodles! There was also a tiny baby pig and lots of bunnies and ducks to pet and play with. Needless to say, I was basically hosed down after we left the petting cage with soap and purell, but it was all worth it. Unfortunately, everyone forgot to look at the bottom of my shoes until we got home. Yuck!
The jumpy house was so much fun. I had never been in one before and I jumped and bounced around to my heart's content with all the other little kids.
To cap it all off, mom and dad bought a churro for me that was almost as big as me. Of course, mom and dad ate some of it too, but probably only because they were extremely fearful of what all that sugar might do to me. It was very sweet and I must say very tasty.
All in all, a fun day! Happy early Halloween.

No comments: