Sunday, October 7, 2007

See ya later, Ally-gator!






We have been to the zoo several times over the last few months and on our last two visits we have had the excitement of seeing the alligator up close at the children's zoo area. He just sits there in the underwater tank and stays very still, but each time he has seen me, he has decided to swim over to the glass and blink his creepy eye at me. And I mean he comes RIGHT up next to the glass, so I can see his teeth, claws, skin and his long tail. It is all very exciting, but I wonder if it is just because he sees me as a bite-sized, cute, little SNACK!! It's a good thing that the glass is thick and mom and dad are right there to make everything okay and keep me from becoming an alligator appetizer. Because I have been so excited over the alligator, mom bought me a stuffed alligator that I sleep with most nights.
I have been telling everyone about my alligator sightings and when mommy says "What did we do this weekend, Matthew?" I always respond with "Go to zoo, see ally-gator!" It doesn't really matter, if that is what we did that particular weekend. It is very cute, if I must say so myself.
As for the other animals at the zoo, I also love the monkeys (of course) that swing in the trees, the giraffes and the elephants. We also saw a zebra and some gigantic turtles which always get this Peanut very excited.
Attached are a few pictures of me checking out the sites at the zoo. No, the monkey (Leaping Lemur) isn't real, but mom and dad thought this was a cool picture because it kind of does look like I am holding a real monkey. Unfortunately, it has been hard to get a picture of the alligator sinces it lives in the glass tank, but maybe next time.
See you later, Ally-gator. Afterwhile, crocodile.

2 comments:

mfletcher1 said...

Visiting the zoo sounds like fun. I also the great hats that Matthew has. I will have to get one for me, since I lost my old bucket hat in Copenhagen.

Love,

Ohio Grandpa

Just the two of us! said...

I LOVE THE ZOO! but the atlanta zoo isnt too much fun! i bet the CA zoo is better! you are growing so fast!