Saturday, October 13, 2007

Toddler THROW-down



Recently, I discovered the joys of throwing things...and I give equal opportunity to all things, I might add (coasters, trucks, balls, sippy cups, etc.) Mom said she was reading about this out of total frustration and apparently this new skill is something that kids my age become fascinated with - the whole "let me release it as I fling it and see how far it will go - no matter what I am aiming at or who is in the way"! I must say it seems to bother mom and dad as sometimes they jump in fright and take things away from me, but I see it all as a game and it is a very FUN game I must add. What mommy read is that as long as I am not doing it with malicious intent (i.e. purposely trying to inflict harm) that they should allow me to do it, but only in situations where safety is not a concern. I am such a sweet Peanut, of course, I would never do it to intentionally harm anyone, but I must say I do find it lots of fun and it is really cool to throw things and see how far or where they will go.
Have I mentioned that daddy has a huge big screen TV that mommy frequently refers to as the "Next Victim". So far, the TV has escaped harm, but I am sure you will hear about it LOUDLY should something happen to it:)

Anyway, since mom and dad's initial TIME-OUT strategy didn't really seem to work with me (I thought this was a hilarious game to play with mom and dad), mom and dad have apparently cooked up a new strategy which seems to be working, FOR NOW. It goes like this....When I get into one of my moods where I like to test my arm strength and the laws of gravity, mom or dad just distract me or give me an opportunity to throw things in a safe way, such as tossing things into a bucket or throwing soft balls and beanbags. This has consistently seemed to satisfy and/or stifle my urges to throw and then I move onto something else fairly quickly.
You will see in the attached adorable pic of me above, that I am wearing my Nike hat and my Cowboys jersey. A friend of daddy's gave this jersey to me as a joke specifically to annoy my daddy who is not a fan of the Cowboys. Maybe it is the influence of this football jersey that has suddenly spurred on my desire to throw and practice for my future football career. The other picture is my bucket/wagon that I am allowed to throw things into. If you haven't noticed, in BOTH pictures, I have perfected my "Who, innocent little me?" look and it seems to melt mommy's heart.

1 comment:

mfletcher1 said...

Peanut,

Are you a southpaw?

Love,

Ohio Grandpa