Friday, June 13, 2008

Little sports




Mom and Dad both think J and I are really going to be into sports as we get older. Particularly me, as I have already shown lots of interest in driving my cars really fast, swinging bats and hockey sticks, throwing things, tackling and in general just running around a lot! In fact, I think mom and dad are praying that I love sports as it will be a perfect outlet to burn off my abundance of ENERGY!!

Dad, of course, is hopeful that I will become interested in ice hockey. I love to grab his hockey stick in the garage and swing it wildly at any and everything. Hockey penalties are certainly in my future if this continues. Just recently, I have accepted that the point of the game is to hit the puck. However, I just usually hit anything else in the way (for instance, mom, dad, the car, etc.) Ha. Ha. I also love to put on dad's hockey gloves and helmet and I must admit I am pretty darn cute in this little get up. See the above picture. We have been to a few hockey games with dad and I just love to join him in the locker room to hang out with the guys and watch them all put on their gear. Dad was really amused when I saw his skates on his feet and I told him "daddy, I want to wear your hockey feet!"
Although I love sports, I must admit that I still get them all a little confused. For instance, one day I told mom that I was going to go to dad's hockey game and hit the ball with my bat and then skate down the field. I then added, of course, my usual GO BOBCATS!!!! Mom replied "Huh?" In fact, "Go Bobcats!" seems to be the perfect thing to say to daddy ANYTIME we are watching any type or game of sport. It certainly seems to make my daddy happy and annoy my mother:)
So, you may ask what sports little J likes at this point in his life? Well, generally he likes to put his feet in his mouth, be COOL as a cat in his shades and just generally watch me whirl around the room about him while he sits in his entertainment center. Mom and dad say that is enough to make anyone work up a good sweat.

No comments: