Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beach Boyz and Water Babies




Mom, Dad, Joshie and I went on a family vacation this past week to Carlsbad, CA. Carlsbad is just north of San Diego and there are lots of fun things to do there including SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park and LegoLand. We rented a beautiful house right across the street from the Tamarack Surf Beach and our days were filled with wonderful views of the beach and surfers everytime we looked out our windows. The house also had its own COOL pool with a hot tub and a waterfall and we swam everyday and had lots of fun.

This was the first real time that I had played on a beach. I had seen the ocean from a distance when I was about 2 years old, but this time I got to play in the sand and run and chase the waves. Daddy and I played "here it comes" with the waves several times and we both got very wet and sandy. I didn't particularly care for having sand in my pants and protested loudly, but after a bath I was okay again.
See several pictures of us all at the beach and pool, a view of the beach from our porch and a shot of mommy and Joshie on his second plane ride. Upon boarding the plane, the captain let me take a look in the cockpit too - that was a blast and I had lots of fun. I did pretty well on the plane with the exception of a minor meltdown due to my ears popping upon landing.

1 comment:

mfletcher1 said...

Glad that you had a nice time in the San Diego area. Great pictures. Loved Josh on the plane; he also disappeared with the camo.