Monday, December 28, 2009

Halloween (October 31, 2009)





One of my most favorite times of the year is Halloween! I get to decide what costume I want to wear and then I get to go out and trick or treat. I had lots of fun last year, but this year I was really excited about the whole idea of Halloween....in fact, mom seems to remember that I had already decided to be Spiderman sometime over the summer. None of us are quite sure how my fascination and interest in Spiderman developed. I am not allowed to watch the cartoon (well, just the one time that Daddy let me and unfortunately, mommy walked in as some man exited a car and started blasting a machine gun and Spiderman was no more for our household - RATS!)

I was really excited to go and pick out my Spiderman costume and I wore it around the house (including the face mask) for all the days preceding Halloween. Josh loved it and we would chase each other around and I would "spin webs" and "save" Josh from all sorts of peril and dangerous situations. Josh perfected his "Spiderman, save me!" plea. It was all quite funny.

My mom's friend loaned an Elmo costume to us for Josh to wear. It was the most adorable costume, but Josh (as he is a product of my mother's DNA) decided he would be stubborn and refuse to wear it. Mom got it on him after a bit of a struggle but all he would do was cry. Therefore, mom and Josh stayed home and handed out candy. About two weeks after Halloween, Josh decided that he would "allow" mom to put the costume on him and he was the most adorable ELMO there ever was. In fact, once he put the costume on, we almost thought we would never get it off of him. Enjoy the pics!

No comments: