Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Otters, Fish and Penguins, Oh My!
















This past weekend, my family drove down to Monterey for a little vacation getaway. We had a terriffic time and mom took lots of pictures, so I am going to split this vacation into three separate posts to ensure I convey all the exciting events. I will preface all of this by letting you know that mom says I am an exceptionally good boy. I ate like a horse as usual and I took all my afternoon naps with no issue at the hotel. I even slept in this play pen thing that the hotel staff insisted was a crib. Again, I must say that mom and dad are very lucky to have a Peanut like me!! I wonder if my brother is going to be such a great little guy.

Anyway, on to my adventures in Monterey. Our first visit was to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I had a very wonderful time and I was so excited that I was almost not able to contain myself at certain points during this visit. In fact, we had to break up our visit into two shorter visits over a few days which seemed to work out pretty well. Well, give a little guy a break, I am not yet even two and I just get so excited that sometimes I get a bit frustrated and I have to take a break from all the excitement.
There was a huge 2 story aquarium with sharks and tuna and this bizarre looking ocean sunfish. Mom said she had never seen such a fish in her life. The otter exhibit was really cool and I kept calling the otters "cats". Well, they do have whiskers like a cat, you know!
The second day we got to see another 2 story aquarium in the Kelp forest and there was a diver in the tank feeding the fish. How cool is that? We also visited the tide pools where I was able to reach in and touch an actual starfish and other nasty things. The man at the touch pond seemed upset with me when I picked up the starfish and told me that a starfish can't breathe when it is out of the water. How was I supposed to know that? Lastly, we saw the penguins and all I can say is that they are just crazy. They zip all over the place and splash around...I guess mom would say they are similar to me.

All in all, I give the aquarium visit an A+ and I hope to return again soon. See the attached pictures of me having a great time at the aquarium with mom and dad.








No comments: