Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa Jack!



What a fun week we had! Grandpa Jack and Grandma Anne (or as I collectively referred to them "Grandma Jack") visited over the last few days and I really loved hanging out with them. We had to rent a mini-van to fit all of us into one car and I really thought that was so much fun!
Best of all, it was a momentous occasion as we were able to ring in Grandpa Jack's 80th birthday. One night we went to Hana Japan and had a big dinner. The "man" who was cooking our dinner made fried eyeballs (eggs to go in our fried rice) and he created lots of fiery creations on the big stove. He flipped a shrimp into my dad's mouth (dad wasn't able to catch it) and then I decided to tip my head back to see if the man would also flip a shrimp to me. Although he seemed ready to do it, he decided to just serve my shrimp on a plate as to avoid any resulting heart attack by my mother. After dinner was over, they brought out a big candle and we sang happy birthday and ate some delicious pineapple. Daddy fed chicken dipped in ginger sauce to me on chopsticks and I loved eating that way.
Tuesday evening, mom baked a birthday cake for Grandpa Jack and it was very "yummy". Mom bought 8 candles (one for each decade) and a special "80" candle to go on the cake. We had lots of fun and lots of cake.
Happy Birthday Grandpa, I love you. (And I love you too, Grandma Anne!) I miss you already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We loved the birthday cake and party. Had the best time, and the
best birthday. Love, GrandPa Jack
and GrandMa Anne.