Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mommy!




We have had lots of birthday celebrations lately and yesterday was my mom's birthday. She says she can't believe she is now only 29 years old. Hey, wait, isn't that what she said her age was on her birthday last year????? She said birthdays stop at 29 - however she also told me that her favorite cake is carrot cake with cream cheese frosting because it doesn't have any calories. I guess it is true, because I think my mom knows everything! (News flash - Mom enjoy these days because once I get a bit older, it will be ME that knows everything!)

Anyway, daddy treated mom and her friend Kristine (aka Carter's mom) to a "surprise" shopping trip into the city and he even had a private chauffeur drive them. Mom spoiled the surprise with that busy brain of hers and figured it all out ahead of time, but nonetheless, they had a leisurely day of talking, eating and shopping. Mom says that it was truly amazing to have a complete conversation without having to stop in mid sentence to say "no", "stop that", "come back" and answer my all time favorite question to my mom "what that called?" She was also able to sit and enjoy a complete meal without gulping her food down as well.

Friday night, Kristine baked my mom an amazing carrot cake and it was beautifully decorated. We had lots of fun and I helped sing to mom and blow out her candles. I love birthdays, birthday cake and I love my MOM! Happy birthday mom!

2 comments:

mfletcher1 said...

Happy Birthday Ellen!

Sounds like Mike had a neat idea.

In a few years Matthew can drive you to SF to go shopping!

Love,

Marvin

Anonymous said...

We knew that your mother was
only 29 years old! Sounds like
you all had a wonderful birthday.
Wish I had some birthday cake!
Love, GrandaMa Anne and GrandPa Jack