Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rollin, Rollin, Rollin - Baby J update

(Above title sung to the melody from Rawhide).
Baby J rolled over last night on his own and now that is all he wants to do! He has been trying and trying to roll over for a little while now. Sometimes, when he starts this, I have been known to get down on the floor and show him how to roll over - I really feel that my instruction has been instrumental in helping Baby J reach this developmental milestone at only 16 weeks.
Mommy says she didn't actually see the very first "rolling over" episode. Baby J had almost made it over from back to front several times, but never without a little assistance. She says that last night she put him on the floor on his back and stepped away for a minute. Upon returning he was on his tummy, head held high and grinning from ear to ear. He is certainly a cute little fellow.
I am very pleased that Baby J is making progress in becoming a more mobile little guy. He is very interactive and likes to laugh and smile and watch me at my daily antics. I am a one man entertainment show for him and he loves every minute of me!
See attached pics of me and the little guy hanging out. Also see a picture of Baby J grinning from ear to ear to celebrate his newest accomplishment.

1 comment:

mfletcher1 said...

Every great performer has to have a great teacher. Way to go.
Next step--crawling.