Sunday, March 2, 2008

A new plane? Are you Cirrus? (sp SERIOUS)!



I think I am the luckiest little boy in the world. I now officially have my very own real live airplane, a Cirrus SR-22, and I am only 2 1/2 years old. Actually, the plane belongs to my daddy, but I have a very strong feeling that he will be itching to share it with me as I grow up and possibly become a pilot myself. Mom and I were discussing the plane and where it came from and smarty pants that I am, I said "Daddy went to plane store and got a new plane". Based on my understanding there is a store for everything including honey which comes from the honey bear store:)

If you will remember, Daddy's previous plane ended its last flight with a swim in the bay. When Daddy said we were getting a new plane, I pointed out that "this one doesn't go in the water!" Mom and Dad vigorously agreed with me and we all had a good laugh.

Daddy's new plane came here from Denver. His plane partner flew it back on Saturday and we had lots of fun welcoming the plane to its new home and sitting in the plane and checking out all the cool knobs and gadgets.

Check out the pictures of Daddy's new prized possession. Mommy has been referring to the new plane as "The other woman". I am not sure what this means, but it seems to get a reaction out of Daddy each time she says it! No problem, we all know that Mommy, me and J are most important in the whole world to Daddy and ALWAYS come first in his book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful plane!!! Congratulations to Mike and Matthew!
Anne

mfletcher1 said...

Really high tech. Looking forward to going flying around the Bay Area this summer.

When your Daddy was a little boy, we would take him to visit airports. A highlight was having dinner at the airport in Toronto. Daddy had escargot and spent his time looking out the window at the planes.

Love,

Ohio Grandpa