Friday, March 14, 2008

For Goodness SNAKE!


Okay, so since you probably wouldn't believe it, my mom made sure this event was documented with a picture. Thanks to our friend, Dawn (my friend Samantha's mom for the pictures of this one). Read below for all the details!
We visited the zoo last weekend with my friend Samantha and her parents. Upon arrival, we met up at the little wildlife theater and took a seat to catch the show. The animal handlers brought out several different kinds of lizards for us to see, but the grand finale animal was none other than an enormous female BOA CONSTRICTOR!!!! Mom 's reaction to this animal was along the lines of "get me out of here", but my reaction was closer to "hey, can I play with it?". The animal handler talked about the snake and what it liked to eat which included WHOLE animals including rats, whereupon its jaws unhinge and it swallows its lunch, bones and all. Cool, huh? I wonder if the snake also likes to eat PEANUTS, ha, ha. Gosh, I hope not.

At the end of the show, we were allowed to come down and pet the snake if we so desired. Of course, I wanted to, but daddy seemed hesitant to take me down. After some prodding from mom (you will notice that my mom didn't volunteer for this one), daddy and I waited in line and I got to give the snake a little pat. Mom and dad are certainly grateful that I haven't yet realized that I might be allowed to have a pet one day. They are hoping that I don't continue to like reptiles in the future. By the way, Samantha loves snakes, cool girl that she is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For goodness sakes, don't be expecting such delights when you come to visit. We are all going to have to really work to entertain you in the style you are used to in California! Georgia will be really dull.
Anne