Thursday, March 20, 2008

Return to the Shark Tank

If you are a fan of my blog, then you will remember reading my post about my first trip to a San Jose Sharks hockey game. If you aren't a regular reader, then let me sum up that first trip to the hockey game for you in three words - Excitement, crying & unhappiness!

This weekend, Daddy and I decided to try out another trip to the Sharks game - you see I am now older, wiser and I don't get scared so much anymore. Anyway, we had a blast and I want to go again soon. Unfortunately, Mommy didn't go this time as we only have 2 seats and I qualify as a real ticketholder now. We missed her, but she didn't really seem that upset to stay home and catch up on her shows.
Here are the details of our Dad/Peanut outing. After we parked our car at Dad's favorite parking lot, we began our walking trek to the Arena. Daddy insists on parking at this out of the way parking lot as there are always lots of spaces - read further and you will understand why. This apparently has been a source of consternation on my mother's part for several years, as she hates to park there and walk in the cold all the way to the arena. Let's just say that all mommy could do was smile a very satisfied smile and chuckle, when Daddy told her that I INSISTED that I walk the WHOLE MILE to the stadium on my own. Of course, not only did I take my time and walk at a Peanut pace, but I had to stop here and there and check EVERYTHING out on the way. Daddy says this ONLY took about 45 mintues - I don't see what the big deal is.
Upon arrival at the stadium, we went to get some dinner. I decided to have some delicious chicken nuggets and fries and Daddy had a hamburger. We took our food to our seats and sat down to watch all the excitement. At our last Shark outing, everytime the Sharks scored, a loud horn went off and it scared me a lot. Let's just say that I didn't have to worry about that horn on this trip as the Sharks NEVER scored. Nevertheless, I cheered, GO SHARKS. For some reason I also yelled out GO BOBCATS too! Of course, Daddy didn't correct me as he thought this was adorable.
The last exciting event of the trip was watching the Zambonis resurface the ice. I pointed out to Daddy that there were TWO Zambonis and one of them was painted like a shark and had a fin. Before leaving, we tried to find SJ Sharkie (the Sharks mascot), but he was no where to be found.
I was so tired at the end of our evening that Daddy carried me on his shoulders back to the car and I couldn't wait to get home to tell Mommy all about my latest adventure.
See the above picture of me and my daddy before the Sharks game in our matching jerseys. Aren't we cute?

1 comment:

mfletcher1 said...

Glad that you made it through one period. Maybe next year you will make it through another one and get to see the Zambonis do their driving again.
Also, maybe you will start skating and playing your own game of hockey, like your Dad.