Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Sundays are Pancake and Waffle Fun-days


Sunday has become a very exciting day in our household. As you know I LOVE to eat and I LOVE to have fun, so mom has started a new fun breakfast tradition that we follow every Sunday morning that involves both. What is this new tradition, you may ask? Mom makes pancakes or waffles for the three of us!! Yes, I am talking about about MY mom and yes that is the person you love and adore, but also the one that you know NEVER cooks! Well, give her a little break...maybe she is turning over a new leaf.

You see it all started when mom found a brand new waffle maker that had been tucked away in a moving box. It was a wedding gift and had remained boxed up, not only from mom and dad's wedding almost five years ago, but also from their move to the new house over two years ago. She said she had completely forgotten about it. She says that I must send apologies out to the reader who gave us that gift, but please know that is now going to be used diligently and very often on a go-forward basis.

So what is the best part of this new tradition for me? Well, because mom and dad are too lazy to eat when I eat at 7am, I now get to eat a second mini-breakfast at about 9:30am when they get around to firing up the griddle or the waffle maker. Woo-hoo! I get to have my very own mini-pancake or mini-waffle and mom has also been known to give me fresh blueberries and/or yogurt as well, which I refer to as "BLU" and "YO". It is just all so tasty, but then again, what do I NOT find tasty these days. Well, lately occasionally green beans and peas:)

Here is a picture of me eating some of my pancake (during my second Sunday breakfast).

No comments: