Monday, February 26, 2007

Hair Today, Gone Tommorrow




I have had three haircuts in my 18 months on this earth. My first haircut at 9 months old went fairly well...but that apparently was a result of it being the FIRST. See, I had no idea what to expect, so it was really like a new adventure. I got to sit in this really cool car and wear a cape and watch a Baby Einstein video. I did great until the dreaded clippers came out. Then the tears flowed.

My second and third haircuts were really upsetting to me and I cried during both from start to finish. All of my dramatics apparently worked their magic on Mom and thus I haven't had to go get another haircut for quite a while now. But, a good thing doesn't always last forever. My mom says I am starting to look like a little girl and unfortunately, she decided to go ahead and schedule my next haircut. The good news is that I was able to successfully feign a teething episode (a molar!) on the day of my scheduled haircut and convince her that it was just not the day to cut my hair as well. Unhappiness averted for at least one more day. Yikes!

The bad news is that Mom is a pretty determined person and darn if she isn't a smart little cookie. I couldn't believe it but she rescheduled the appointment again, but this time, she asked Dad to take me. Daddy isn't as soft as Mom....#!!%!..so dad took me, I got my haircut and we all survived. Mom thinks that Dad is telling a little white lie, but Dad's account of this recent haircut wasn't that bad and I only cried a little.

See my new haircut and a reminder of what it looked like before. I look like a little man again. A very handsome little man, if I must say so!

1 comment:

mfletcher1 said...

So, did he get the molar as well as get a haircut?