Thursday, April 12, 2007

Child of Nature


I just love running around our backyard. Now that warmer weather has arrived, all the flowers and trees are in bloom and there are lots of things to explore and learn about. My current favorite activity is to pick mom's flowers and steal lemons off her coveted lemon tree. No wonder she follows me like a hawk when we are out back, but I think it is all a fun game. She is quite funny when she is annoyed (ha, ha). There are purple, red and yellow flowers (of course, no matter what color something is I will always tell you that it is "YEWO")!

There are also lots of rocks in our back yard. We have the really big rocks that are great for sitting on and taking a little rest. Of course, there are also lots of little rocks, especially around the drains in the backyard, that are just the right size for collecting in my bucket. Mom says that the gardeners must really love the little piles of "rock surprises" that I leave about the backyard for discovery with the lawn mower.

We also have this beautiful Japanese maple next to the patio and it has really filled out. It was just a giant twig a few weeks ago. As you can see in the attached picture I decided to plop my little Peanut self right under it and create Japanese Maple hair for myself. Aren't I cute?

No comments: