Monday, April 16, 2007

I've got the Fever




My mom made me sick! Well, she didn't make me sick on purpose, but over the last two weeks the Fletcher household has been a very unwell place to be. Mom started out with laryngitis and a cold and she coughed and coughed for days. It seemed that my strong little immunity system would once again save the day, but it was too much. I came down with a very severe cold and cough that lasted for days as well. I was a miserable little boy and we had to go visit the doctor as I was coughing so much. The diagnosis was "just a bad cold" but once that all quieted down, unfortunately, it all settled in my lungs and I got bronchitis.
Let me tell you, I was not happy. I would just cry and lay my head down on my blanket on the floor. I didn't eat much at all (YES, ME) so you know I didn't feel well. When I coughed, it sounded awful and you could hear the fluttering in my little chest. Then to top it all off, I had my very FIRST FEVER. Yes, that's right, I waited until 19 months to get a fever. Boy, mom and dad sure have had it easy with me. Well, at least the terrible twos are coming soon, so I can give them a hard time that way:)

Anyway, after a second trip to the doctor on Friday, I received a prescription for Amoxicillin. No kidding, about 3 hours after that first dose, I was feeling better already and I finally ate a good meal for the first time in about a week. I ate a whole slice of bread, three chicken sausages, eight grapes, a strawberry and a few cookies and a glass of milk. We are definitely on the road to recovery here.

Mom didn't take pictures of me sick, of course, but attached are a few pre-Peanut-illness pictures of me in my new "outdoor" vehicle. It is called the Cozy Coupe, but I think it is a truck. I love it and will just sit in it and play for a long time. I love to get in and out and open and close the door.

No comments: