Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Shark Attack




Dad has been dying to take me to a San Jose Sharks hockey game since I was born, but unfortunately, until this last game of the regular season, the games were always too late at night for me to attend. This past Sunday, the game was at 3pm, so we went!

I got to wear my very own Sharks jersey and I found it all very exciting (well, some of it, please read on...). I loved the walk to the arena as I got to sit on Dad's shoulders and wave and say hello to virtually everyone. Then we actually entered the arena where I could hear the crowd and I immediately snapped to attention and started to become a little concerned as to where we were going. When we walked into the actual interior arena and I saw all the people I was just in awe and fairly happy. We sat down and got comfy and then the Sharks scored! Yeah for the Sharks, but not really so great for me. A big horn went off, all those people stood up and screamed and the big shark on the ceiling breathed smoke from it's mouth and it's eyes glowed red. Let's just say I had a little meltdown, but after clinging to mom and laying my head on her shoulder I composed myself. The snack cup of goldfish crackers seemed to help as well. Hey- I never resist a little snack.

We watched about 10 minutes of the game, saw the Zamboni resurface the ice and then I was ready to go! We walked around the arena, visited some friends, watched a little more of the game and then headed for home, but not before mom and I purchased a chocolate ice cream to share.

All in all it was an exciting day, but I think I need to be a little older for my next game.

1 comment:

mfletcher1 said...

A long drive for a short game. I guess you should have told the Sharks not to score so quickly.

Love,

Ohio Grandpa