Sunday, April 1, 2007

Physical Comedian




Sorry it has been so long since I have posted an update. It's Mom's fault. She has been having a problem with a very sore neck over the last 6 months and it got really bad over the last few weeks. I can't imagine what she would be doing that would cause such an issue... I mean it is not like she is picking up a wriggling 23 pound human a million times a day. Needless to say, she wasn't really up for sitting at the computer and transcribing dictation from a 19 month old!! All is better now and she is on the mend:)

So on to the update...Mom re-discovered this little wooden red chair that her grandmother Julia gave to her as a little girl. I got to play with it for several days and boy did I have fun. I created this whole comedy routine with the chair and it got lots of laughs. As you can see in the above pictures, I would first sit in the chair and look very composed and cute. Next, I would say "ohh" and start to rock the chair back and forth until it would start to tip over. Next, I would fall in a very exaggerated and dramatic way all the while continuing to say "ohh" as if I were really accidentally falling. I did this about a million times. It was absolutely the funniest thing!

Unfortunately, this chair mysteriously disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Why? Well, Mom said she got to looking at this approximately 40 year old chair and noticed that the paint was chipping off. (This MAY have been right after I decided to BITE the chair). Then she quickly determined that a chair as old as this one had probably been slathered with good old lead paint! Yikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back Matthew. We missed you. Say hello to your Mom.
Anne