Saturday, September 8, 2007

Fear no more!



There is a park that we like to go to in a neighboring town that has a little bit of everything that an active little boy loves to do. It has a water area, a sand area and several sets of play structures. There are also swings, a see saw, a merry-go-round and little springy cows that you can bounce upon.

Just last night we took our friend Carter and his mom and new little sister along with us and we had a blast. Everything I did, I wanted Carter to experience with me - there were many times where I yelled "Carter, come back!" I wanted him to come right along with me to experience the slides and everything else the park had to offer and he was up for the adventure.

It turned out that having Carter around was just the trick to help this usually brave little Peanut take the major step of going down a closed-tube whirly slide that generally causes me to tell mom and dad "I'm scared". Carter climbed up and went down the slide without a second thought (well, he is a whole 3 months older than I am, give me some slack here). Anyway, once he went down, I went after him, (I must say with a gentle push from Dad which resulted in a scowl at Dad from my mom) and my whole world changed. I must have gone down that slide a million more times with Carter during the remainder of our visit. We had so much fun and I was so tired by the time we got home that evening that I could barely keep my eyes open.

No comments: