Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I am "2" cool for school!


So today, September 5, was a big day in the life of this little Peanut! Not only was today my second birthday, but today was also my very first day of preschool. We started the day at 7:30 - mom had to wake me up by singing this silly birthday song- and then we had breakfast and watched a little Curious George as per usual. Mom then got me dressed in my shorts and blue polo shirt and she said we were going to school. What?

Now, she has said that to me a few times lately, and I wasn't exactly sure what she was talking about, but after today, I certainly know what "school" means. Upon our arrival at school, mom signed me in and I proceeded to whirl around the outside playground like a human tornado, while mom went inside and made sure everything I needed was on hand for the day. Mom talked to my teacher and hung around for a bit, then she said goodbye. I gave her a kiss and said "Ok, see you later!"

Mommy doesn't want me to know, but secretly I know that she shed some tears about leaving me when I wasn't looking, but we all survived.

The teacher said I did cry for a few minutes a couple of times, but that was because I didn't want to come inside after each of the two playtimes outside (imagine that). She said once I was engaged in something else, the tears stopped and I was a happy little boy. She also mentioned that I wanted to eat the snacks the entire time I was there, but that was okay because they had lots of them. Now, who would ever guess that I would want to eat the whole time?

All in all, a good day, and mom says we are having a treat and opening presents this evening to celebrate my second birthday. We will take a few pics and post those on our next posting.

See attached pic of me taken just a few weeks ago. I am changing so much and becoming so grown up. I am talking up a storm, so rest up, as I will wear you out with conversation next time I see you!

2 comments:

mfletcher1 said...

Glad to see that Matthew did well in his day at school. It is a good sign that he feels secure enough to go away from Mom and Dad.

Love,

Ohio Grandpa

Just the two of us! said...

wow first dat of schooool how awesome!!!! hope everythimg is going well!!!!