Sunday, September 23, 2007

Toddlers know how to party hardy!











So, after talking about it for weeks, we finally had my official birthday party on Saturday at the house. I had so much fun and enjoyed racing around, looking at all the balloons and decorations and playing with my little friends. Unfortunately, Mother Nature decided she was going to give us rain on the same day, but no problem, we just came inside and Mom and Dad created a very festive atmosphere in the house for the party. Mom also brought my picnic table indoors so we would all have a place to sit and eat our snacks and cake and she had Curious George decorations and stickers all over the walls. When I first came downstairs for the party, after my nap, my reaction was "Whoo". I was certainly in Curious George heaven and I had to walk around, look at the balloons and point to each of the stickers to comment on them.
I had my friends Samantha, Jack, Carter and Sydney over as well as Sydney's sister Katie and my cousins Lindsey and Justin. We had a grand time! It was a little packed in the house with all my friends and their parents, but I really think everyone had a good time and the adults didn't seem to lack for things to talk about and to eat.
See the attached pictures of my cake, my special birthday cookies and a few pics of me and my guests enjoying birthday cake at the table together. Our friends took lots of pictures too, so if we get some good ones, we will post those later. Lastly, I want to send out a big hug and kiss to my mom and dad for creating such a special day for me!
Also check out this short video of me blowing out my candles and eating cake on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRFjgBTczHo. A special thanks to Uncle Jeff for taping this for us as well! Later!

2 comments:

mfletcher1 said...

Matthew,

Sounds like lots of fun. I enjoyed watching you blow out the candles on your cake. Lots of virtual hugs also. I will give some in person ones in a few months.
Love,
Ohio Grandpa

Just the two of us! said...

oh my goodness i love that CAKE!! i <3 curious george too!! yaay! sounds like it was a blast!