Sunday, December 24, 2006

Shake your Booty (and your music maker)!






I love dancing and music! If I hear a zippy melody, I immediately become a little boogie machine. To provide more exposure to music and dancing, mom signed me up for a music class and I love it (most of the time - it seems to depend on my mood for the day and the selected genre of music). So far, in my class, I have been exposed to classical music, african drum beats, Zydeco and 50's music. Of those classes, I liked the Zydeco and 50's music the best. FYI - Dad has yet to attend the class with me for fear of looking like a dork, but maybe one day:)

We always start class with beating on the drum and welcoming all the other little attendees. Next, we play instruments and then break out scarves and balls. My favorite section of class, however, is the freestyle dancing. This is the section where mom and I partner up and show off our moves. Now, we are by no means the next Fred and Ginger, but I must say that we are pretty good. We have created our own version of the Peanut Twist and the Peanut Shuffle.

To further my interest in music, mom and dad gave me a music set for Christmas, which includes my very own drum, drumsticks, tone block, triangle, maracas and bell stick. The drum is my favorite so far; it has become my new mission to use all objects in the house to strike the drum (including my head and nose). It is so much fun and causes me to laugh hysterically! I also love the maracas and will play them on command when mom and dad say "Shake"!

I must admit that I have been going a little crazy. Since I opened this gift, mom and dad seem a little dazed and they keep muttering "what did we do?".

See the above pictures of me shaking my maracas and playing with my drum (really I'm just chewing on it).

2 comments:

Anne said...

You are just too smart Matthew and you gave your Mom a very special Christmas present. You are going to have a hard time topping that one!
Anne

Anonymous said...

I thought we heard some noise
from the West, but we thought
it was thunder. I think it's
drum beats!! Love, Us