Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Slip, Sliding Away











One of my favorite activities is to go to the park. There are a variety of things to do and I, of course, HAVE TO DO all of them each time I go. I have my own little agenda and it MUST be followed each visit. It is as follows:

Agenda item #1 : Play structure: There are three different slides, as well as tunnels and bridges that I like to play on. When crawling up the steps, it is important to remember not to eat the pieces of wood bark (it is a long story), but to pick each piece up and hand it over to my mother or other member of the Peanut's entourage. This portion of the park visit generally takes from 1 to 24 hours:). When I have cleared all the steps of bark, I can then proceed to one of the many slides and tunnels. To the horror of my mother, just a few weeks ago, I decided that I was now old enough and skilled enough to hurl my body, head first, down the big slide that is shaped like a tube. I found it incredibly hilarious and now do it again and again each time we visit. Granted the first time was a little scary for everyone (except for me), but now it is just old hat. Next challenge please!!

Agenda item #2: Toddle/run over to the green recycling can, the brown garbage can and the water fountain. I love to look at the picture of the green tree on the can and push on the water fountain button. It brings me great joy and amusement every time I do it. During our last visit, I even got to put my fingers in the water and stomp the water puddle underneath. Unfortunately, it was also about 45 degrees outside, so my fingers and toes were on the verge of turning purple by the end of the park visit. Note to self - don't do that when it is cold outside.

Agenda item #3: Toddle/run up to the upper level of the park where the doggies play. I love dogs and now understand that they have four legs and fur, are generally friendly, like to chase balls and some even wear sweaters at the park (what is up with that?). Anyway, I find them amusing and I like to make this funny "woof" noise and point when I see them. On many occasions, owners will give me a chance to pet their dogs or receive a doggy kiss. At one of my first visits, a dog even drooled on me, but my mom told the owner not to worry, as there was a possibility that I would drool right back onto the dog. What fun!?!?
See the above pictures of me on the play structure having fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, Slip. Sliding Away,
We can just see Matthew
at the Park. Love, Us

Anne said...

Matthew, you are just growing up so fast and are so smart. I do not see how your Mom and dad keep up with you.
Anne