Friday, December 22, 2006

Silver-Tongued Devil (Angel)


Just in the last few weeks, I have really started to get this talking thing down. I know how to say lots of words now and I like to say them over and over and over and over (are you getting the picture?). For a while now, I have been able to say "da-da", "na-na", "shoes", "cheese", "car", "truck", "dog", "duck", "yellow", "roll" and "banana" but I recently added, "hot", "up", "out", "water", "wash" , "nose", "toe", "juice" and "dirt" of all things. Granted, these words are not always spoken with perfect pronunciation, but I get my meaning across. Over and above the words listed above, I say even more, but mom and dad seem to have difficulty understanding me at times. Oh well....they seem pretty smart so I am sure they will catch on soon enough.

Up until now, for some reason, I haven't used the letter "m" widely, but I have started to say it more in the last few days. I heard dad tell my mom that I was running around the kitchen last night yelling "Ma-Ma", but alas, she didn't hear me. She thinks that dad was just trying to make her feel better. You may wonder why mom might feel bad? Well, for two reasons. The #1 reason is that I generally run around and say "da-da" over and over and over and over (are you getting the picture again?) It doesn't matter what I am doing, it is such a great word and seems to fit any and all situations. You should give it a try. The #2 reason is that I generally refer to mom as "na-na" only.

What mom doesn't know is that the complete and utter overuse of the word "da-da" is just part of the Peanut's master plan. To tell you the absolute truth, I am holding onto that little nugget of gold until I really do something that gets me into trouble. My plan is to whip it out with a cute, little smile on my face, look her directly in the eyes and clearly yell "Ma-Ma". I am sure that whatever I have done will be completely forgotten in a moment's time. She is such a softie, but I love her. The one potential flaw with my plan is that I have to be with mom when I do the bad thing. This is going to require great patience and reserve on my part as I am in deep trouble if I do it when she is not around. Timing is everything these days.

Talk at ya later! By the way, the picture above is me NOT talking, but just chilling with da-da, the man himself. Note that I also have my truck, my book about trucks and my truck blanket.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Well, Matthew I suspect you will soon be graduating college you are learning so much so fast....and daddy can buy you your own real truck and you can come see us all in Georgia where trucks are big!!
Anne