Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Baby Anatomy 101











I already know a lot of my basic body parts and I happily point to them when asked. Hair, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, hands, fingers, belly, knee, foot, and toes....yep, I know all of these. I am getting even more advanced as I now also know the difference between MY nose and Mama's nose for instance. For example, if she says "Where is Mama's nose?" I can reach over and grab her nose really hard. Sometimes, based on her reaction, this seems painful to her, but hey, she just keeps asking me to do it, so I continue to amuse her! I guess I kind of understand as sometimes she asks me where my eye is and I get so excited that I forget to close my eye before I go there and I poke myself.

Anyway, to learn more about my body, mom bought me a book all about baby body parts called "Mi Primer libro del cuerpo". That is Spanish for "My first body book". This book not only includes the Spanish words for each body part underneath each picture, but also lots of colorful pictures of babies in various situations. Mom and I love to sit together and talk about the pictures and learn.

As you can see from the pictures I have posted above, I love this book and I love to play the "body part game"! In the first two pictures, I am reading the book and then also raising my hands over my head like the baby in the book. In the next two pictures, I am using a live human speciman (otherwise known as dad) to identify teeth and eyes.

PS. Note the Chick-Fil-A Cow over my right shoulder in the top picture. Dad LOVES Chick-Fil-A, so I guess I am destined to love it as well. For now, I will just play with the toy, however.