Sunday, January 7, 2007

Flying Fish







I talked Mom and Dad into taking me to San Diego to visit Sea World and Legoland. This will be the first of several posts to tell you about all the exciting things I saw and learned over the past few days.

To start things off, we flew down to San Diego. Now, everyone knows what a wonderful little Peanut traveler I was when I took my first flight to Atlanta earlier this year. Unfortunately, I heard mom say that I didn't exactly earn a gold star for this trip. I was so tired, but yet, I just couldn't get myself to go to sleep; therefore, I was a grump-a-potamus for most of the flight down. I quickly realized that I needed to humor everyone and and win back some love in the last 10 minutes of the flight so I decided to be a little cutie and flirt and woo the airline attendants. They just sat in their jump seats and I smiled and cooed at them. After this Peanut display, all was forgotten and luckily, in the end, everyone survived, including mom and dad and the other passengers. Once we got off the plane and into the car, I fell asleep within a matter of minutes, so we took a little "Snooze Cruise" so that I could get pepped up and ready to move on with the day. Next stop - Sea World.

Now, you may remember from an earlier post that I know how to sign for "fish". To sign for fish you basically move your hand back and forth in a squiggly fashion, (to mimic a fish swimming through water). Well, let me tell you, Sea World is definitely a place where you can make excellent use of this sign. I had a blast and went crazy. Fish were EVERYWHERE and my little arms were flinging back and forth like there was no tomorrow. Mon and dad and anyone else in close proximity certainly got "fished", but it was exciting for everyone.

The highlight of our visit to Sea World was the dolphin show. This is where I saw my first real live dolphin and it was pretty cool. The dolphin even had a name - Dolly. There were also pilot whiles and other types of dolphins to see. The dolphins jumped out of the water and performed tricks and I yelled "oooh" and "doooh" over and over. Mom and dad were very impressed that I made it through the 22 minute show and then alas, it was over. After the show, I got my very own miniature stuffed Dolly dolphin. I love it and make this "shhhh" noise and swim it around in my crib.

See the above pictures of me to document my exciting trip. The first is a picture of me upon arrival at Sea World (I had just woken up and the picture says it all - "what happened?") The second picture is of me signing for "FISH". The third picture is of Dolly the dolphin herself "flying" high over the water. FYI - You can click on the picture to make it larger for better viewing.

No comments: