Monday, January 1, 2007

Ringing (Banging) in the New Year!


As you probably know, I just love to make noise and play my instruments. Lucky Peanut that I am, I discovered a new drawer in the kitchen that is just filled with music makers. The look on my face in the picture above says it all...this is a grand and fabulous discovery. Therefore, in honor of the new year, I have made a resolution to open this drawer and ring (bang) in the new year by clanging all the contents of the drawer together on a daily basis.

My discovery was certainly well timed. Mom had to go out on Saturday to a baby shower and dad and I were due to spend the WHOLE day together. I located this drawer about 5 minutes before mom had to leave. You should have just seen the look on dad's face.....I am not sure if it was a look of sheer excitement or sheer horror. The real excitement took place when mom demonstrated how to clang the pans together. She then said "Have fun, boys!" and literally ran out the door while telling my dad where the Advil was located. What's Advil? Guess she must have been in some sort of a hurry:)

Anyway, best Peanut wishes to you and yours for a prosperous and wonderful 2007! And Grandma, if you hear drum beats (or clanging) from the West again, just know that it is me saying hello to you.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Happy New year, Matthew and much happy banging!!
Anne

Christina said...

haha, i read al of your post and they make me laugh so much! i hope you had a happy new year and a merry christmas as well!