Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Running Man (Baby)







I guess it is in the genes, because I like to run. I say this because Mom used to run a lot and has just recently started running again in the last week or so. Not just running after me, mind you, but the kind of running where you just go out and run for no reason other than to run. Just the other day, she had some of her things out and I was inspecting them. The items included on my inspection list for the day included her running water bottles, GU (for those of you who are not into running ,this is an energy gel) and running shoes.

Regarding the water belt and bottle - I ran across this strange looking contraption as I was unloading and reloading a drawer in the kitchen the other day...you know, my usual job. As you can see from the attached picture, I tried to wear this in several ways, but it seemed to fit best over the shoulder and sideways down the front of my body. I also tried to wear it upside down over my head, but that is just plain silly, isn't it? Hey, does anyone know if these come in 12-18 month old size?

As to GU's....I discovered 4 packets of Vanilla Bean GU (with caffeine, of course) in my mother's stash. Mom was delighted, as she only told me what it was called one time and now I yell "GU!" every time I see the packets. This seems to amuse my mother to no end..not sure why. Based on the attached picture of myself, my mom indicated that I must be destined for long distance running as you can see that I am using my mouth to practice tearing the packet open instead of using my fingers....she mentioned something about how this was the way to avoid sticky fingers during a marathon. I am not sure what she is talking about but, whatever she says generally makes sense, so I just nod my head:)

As to running shoes, mom bought a new pair in order to restart her running routine. As you can see from the above pictures, I was more interested in the box and I felt a sense of urgency about putting the box on my head to ensure she had made a good purchase.

Happy running!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming that he's going to train for the half too! We'll welcome him to our buddy runs!