Saturday, January 27, 2007

Baby Hygiene


Being a toddler, I could really care less if I am bathed, dressed or even somewhat presentable. Food on my face - no worries. Food or dirt on my clothes - just brush it off. Hair sticking straight up or matted - who cares! Clothes - who needs them - I find great freedom in runnning about naked as a jaybird. Unfortunately for me, but FORTUNATELY for the rest of you, my mom says that I have I have to take baths, brush my hair, brush my teeth and wear fairly clean clothes on a pretty regular basis.

As far as baths go, if I have to have them, then I guess I am okay with that. I have never really minded taking a bath as long as I have my tub toys and cups. Recently, I started to try to drink the bathwater out of my cups which I find hysterical, especially when I gurgle and blow the water to make bubbles. The fun ends, however, when I actually get a taste of the yucky water and get choked:)

As to brushing my teeth...this certainly has NOT been an activity that I enjoyed until recently. This all changed a week or so ago when my mom made tooth-brushing a new and exciting activity. You may ask yourself "Gosh, she is so darn smart - how did she do that?" She simply introduced a little wooden stool. Now I get to stand on the stool all by myself in FRONT of the mirror, play with the water in the sink and brush my teeth while looking in the mirror. Of course, she steadies me on the stool and does an initial brushing of my teeth herself, but still this new routine is a hit with me! I just love it and now actually ASK to brush my teeth SEVERAL times a day. No problems here! Thank goodness as I have 11 teeth with one more popping through anyday now.

In the above picture I am proudly standing on my stool, showing off my new green Winne the Pooh toothbrush and giving you a lesson as to how to brush your teeth like a Peanut too!

No comments: